Starting Over

In Memory of my Mother...Ada Amelia






















.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Welcome To Amelia Rose Cottage............

Hi and welcome back to Amelia Rose Cottage, I  will explain the title of my blog to you.   My mother's middle name is Amelia named after her aunt Amelia, my daughter Tammy had a little girl and named her Lindsey Amelia named after my mother Ada Amelia.   To make a long story short, five generations long  I named my blog Amelia, Rose  I love roses and the Cottage comes from the look I love.   There for comes the name of my blog..
Now I know I have been around before but please come and visit my little cottage and give me one more chance to stay around for ever.   I love this blogging world we have where we can share ideas, stories, and inspiration with one another.   Above is a picture of my mother when she was a young lady, and a picture of Lindsey Amelia

   Karen of Valentine Design made my new header and look which I just love, Her button is on my side bar so please give her blog and studio a visit.    Some of the things I would like to blog about is
1 Decorating
2 The cottage look
3 Any thing vintage
4 My family and friends
5Resepies6 Crafts
One special thing I want to brag about right this moment is....My husband Charlie has gone through chemo treatments for six months, this morning we found out he is cancer free and in remission.  To be able to share wonderful news also is what blogging is about.  If you go through hard times ask God for help and think positive.  We did and now we can rejoice in the wonderful news.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sharon!!! Congrats on your new blog!!! I think you are going to have a wonderful time and make lots of friends very quickly! Enjoy Blogland sweetie!
    xo,
    Karen
    My Desert Cottage
    Valentine Design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your beautiful new blog look Sharon! It's really lovely and feminine.
    Love the name too.

    Thank you for coming by for a sweet visit. I appreciate the nice compliments.

    Blessings, ~Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Back Sharon! I am so glad you came back . . . just in time to join our Bloggerette Sorority! We're going to have such fun.
    Love your blog design, Karen is the BEST!
    I look forward to getting to know you!
    See you on the 25th for our party!
    :) Karen ~ Some days are diamonds

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a very pretty blog. I'm very happy for you and your husband. That is wonderful news. I almost lost mine to a heart attack when he was only 43. God saw fit to keep him alive and I am grateful everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me say how wonderful is your news, of Charlie being cancer free. I can see why, while going through this trying time, you would have not been fully into blogging. But Welcome Back!

    Gentle hugs...

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments so please say hi, I will be over to visit your blog very soon.
Thank you,
Sharon K